When I was little my mother would read "Goodnight Moon" by Margaret Wise Brown to my older brother and I. All curled up against the fireplace is where you would find us with reading this book almost every night. My brother and I would always try to be the first to find the little mouse on each page. Whenever the books name comes up, memories blur by in my mind. This was an important time in my childhood because over all of the books read to me I adore this one. To this day I continue to read it, to the children I babysit of course. They find it fascinating somehow, and I remember that's how I felt when my mother read that book to me. My childhood was formed around this book, and when I was a baby my brother and I shared the doll of the bunny. Boy, did we fight over that!
My mom would read this book to me also, and it never failed to astonish me! I completely agree with how fascinating this book is, and I also agree with how you said that your childhood was formed around this book. I mentioned that in my post also, just with my book. The tone of voice and descriptiveness is also strong. all in all, great post!
ReplyDeleteMy parents would read this book to me all of the time too! I now read it to my 5 year old brother and my 3 year old sister. It is a very good childhood memory, and now that am thinking about it, I do have a lot of memories about it as well. I like how you described how much you loved this book, and like Nick said it was very strong. I also liked the detail you added. In my post the movie that I wrote about had a very strong connection with me. I like how "Good Night Moon" did the same for you too! Good job.
ReplyDeleteI love this book! It's so simple yet great for a little child's mind. I love how you specifically talked about your memories with this book, and how you remember your own connections with it when the kids you babysit are perplexed by it. This is a great post.
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh i love this book! i read it to my sister every night! Great description. I love the line about you being curled up by the fire! You're a great writer.
ReplyDelete