Oh, marble-spired Manhattan, I look into your thousand eyes at dusk,
|
Reading List
- If I Stay by Gayle Forman
- Steve Jobs The Man Who Thought Different by Karen Blumenthal
- The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck
- The Lost Boy by Dave Pelzer
Sunday, December 8, 2013
I choose the poem, "Manhattan" by Edwin Curran. This poem describes New York City as the place to be, where dreams come true and where the sky is the limit. Edwin decsribes New York City in an exquisite way, he takes the good things about New York City and displays them on a shelf made of gold. He describes the ferry boats as the glide through the salt water, the tugs are the organs of the harbor singing a song. He mostly focuses on Manhattan and it's amazing features. He describes manhattan, in the winter, as the Great White City, he brings out the beauty of it using words that draw a picture in your mind.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment